Park Vysokyi Zamok – Ruins of Vysokyi Zamok (The High Castle)

ID: 378
A medieval fortification architecture landmark in Lviv.

An earlier wooden castle was replaced in 1362 by a stone one, of which a fragment of its southern wall has been preserved till today. In 1869 stones from the castle were used for the construction of Kopiec Unii Lubelskiej (Mound of the Union of Lublin) on top of the Lviv Castle Hill. 

Related Places

Description

Vysoky Zamok Park (Lviv Castle Hill Park)

Show full description
Description

"Vysokyi Zamok" Park territory – the Mound of the Union of Lublin

Show full description
Description

Vul. Pidvalna – Remains of a semicircular bastion and wall fortifications

Show full description
Description

Show full description
Description

Prosp. Svobody – fortifications' remains

Show full description
Description

Vul. Pidvalna, 5 – city's arsenal, department of Lviv Historic Museum

Show full description
Description

Pl. Soborna, 3a – Institute "Ukrzakhidproektrestavratsiya" building

Show full description

Sources

The entry was developed within the project "Galiciana", 2001-2002

Material compiled by Ihor Zhuk

Media Archive Materials

Related Pictures