Vul. Klyonovycha, 7 – residential building
A residential corner building by the architect Andrzej Gołąb constructed for Mojżesz Oberhard in Historicist style with Neoclassical elements in 1898. In the 1920-1930’s the third floor of the building on 7 Klionovycha Street housed the humanitarian aide institution The Union of Female Teachers (Związek Nauczycielek) when there was a conflict between a single retired teacher, Maria Jaworowska, and her neighbor, Antoni Mańczukowski; this was reported in the "Głos Polski" newspaper on 5 June 1928. Presently the building is used for residential purposes (2009).
In the 1920-1930’s the third floor of the building on 7 Klionovycha Street housed the humanitarian institution The Union of Female Teachers (Związek Nauczycielek). A retired single teacher and widow, Maria Jaworowska, lived on the first floor; a senior officer of the post office, Antoni Mańczukowski, was her neighbor.
On 15 April 1927 Jaworowska submitted an appeal to the commissar’s office of the fourth district asking to inspect the forced move of waterpipes from the corridorof her premises located at the first floor. On April 29 an engineer (Siłka) and a worker (Seidel) from the city waterpipe agency inspected the waterpipe installation in the corridor of Jaworowska’s apartment and certified that the water pipes were rationally laid by the “Irzyki Lasocki” firm on 9 February 1927. As the officials stated, complaints of Jaworowska were not grounded and were caused by a lack of knowledge. They tried to persuade the owner of the apartment of that fact, but she instead offended the officials. On14 May 1927 the officials submitted a complaint to the magistrate for the offense while carrying out their duties.
On 22 April 1927a sanitary doctor of the fourth district, Jankowski, insisted that Jaworowska had a common kitchen with Mańczukowski who in Febrary of the same year on his own initiative and without permission from the magistrate set up new water pipe installations there. While doing this, he connected a sewage pipe with a water pipe and therefore harmful gases from the sewage were poisoning the premises of M. Jaworowska. On 18 August 1927, according to the regulation from the magistrate following the demand of the city vice-president Leonard Stahl, the “Irzyki Lasocki” firm returned the water istallations to their original state.
Describing these events on page 3 of its 5 June 1928 edition, the “Głos Polski” newspaper pointed out that according to the Statute of The Union of Female Teachers dated 22 December 1902,the building that belonged to this organization could be inhabited only by retired single women teachers; instead, there was only one such retired single teacher (Maria Jaworowska) in this building, while the rest of the premises were occupied by families. A senior officer of the post office, Antoni Mańczukowski, lived on the first floor; according to court documents and acts he had applied tiresome repressions against Jaworowska: Two years earlier he had blocked her access to the common kitchen and water installations so that she had to buy water from her modest pension of 50 zlotyh. The district court of Lviv forced Mańczukowski to stop this and fined him in the amount of 200, 500 and 1000 zloty.
Despite that, however, Mańczukowski set up water pipe installations for his neighbor in the bathroom and continued to pester her. On 25 May 1929 somebody attached Jaworowska in her dark corridor, poured water on her and almost strangled her. The Union of Female Teachers did not receive rental payments from M. Jaworowska for four years and had a constant court case against her. 39 acts (the fist one dated 22 April 1927 and the last one dated 16 December 1931) were filed in Jaworowska’s court case within the period of 1927-1931.
The city public protested against such an attitude to a former teacher and asked the city authorities to take corresponding steps, in particular to take care of the lonely teacher, to have all the current renters move out from The Union of Female Teachers building and hand over its premises – according to its statute – to poor women teachers on pension who are troubled in their old age and commit suicides – like the one that happened not long before that on St. Josef’s Street where a retired teacher, Fritzówna, jumped to her death from the third floor. On 27 June 1938 the magistrate turned to the head of The Union of Female Teachers, Stanislawa Medejska, since the façade of her building was renovated only to the level of the first floor, while the top part was dirty and not renovated. The magistrate ordered her to conduct renovation works within 14 days, otherwise a fine in the amount of 400 zlotys would be charged. On 30 June 1938 the magistrate stated that the building on 7 Klionovycha Street belongs to the building of Polish women teachers (The Union of Female Teachers). On 20 October 1938 the ordered works were completed.
A residential corner building on the perimeter construction of the street. It was constructed in Historicist style with Neoclassical elements. It is a three-story plastered brick building. The symmetric composition of the main façade is somewhat interruptedby an insignificant support of the right section of the building. A balcony with molded baluster fencing on molded corbels protrudes on the level of the second floor in the center of the façade. The surface of the façade walls of the second and third floors is vertically segmented with pilaster strips (lesens). The windows of the building on the level of the second and third floors are adorned with profiled framings. On the level of the second floor the window frames are topped off with triangular and segmented cornices, while on the third floor they are finished off with linear cornices on shaped consoles. Spandrel panels with molded floral ornaments shaped as garlands are located under the windows of the second floor. The building is crowned with an architrave with molded floral ornaments and a protruding cornice with modillions, adorned with a row of denticlesand an Ionic belt.
2. Wykaz domów na obszarze miasta Lwowa. Księga adresowa Małopołski. (Lwów. Stanisławów. Tarnopól. Rocznik 1935/1936)