Pl. Soborna, 3 – The bell tower of the former Bernardine Church

ID: 179
The bell tower of the Bernardine Roman Catholic Church – erected in 1733-1734 – is a component of the church and monastery ensemble. The architectural outline of the building is typical for the Baroque period. 

Architecture

The bell tower located to the south of the church was built onto the defensive wall of the monastery. The building is square in its foundation, has a tented roof. The facades are two-tiered. The walls are plastered and decorated with joined pilasters and the windows on the second tier are semicircular.

Related Places

Description

Pl. Soborna, 3a – St. Andrew Church (former bernardine church)

Show full description
Description

Pl. Soborna, 3a – Central State Historical Archive of Ukraine

Show full description
Description

Pl. Soborna – St. Jan from Dukla Column

Show full description
Description

Pl. Soborna, 3a – Institute "Ukrzakhidproektrestavratsiya" building

Show full description

Sources

The entry was developed within the project "Galiciana", 2001-2002


Material compiled by Ihor Zhuk

Media Archive Materials

Related Pictures