Vul. Snizhna – Virgin Mary Statue (does not exist)
The Church of Virgin Mary of Snow, one of the oldest churches in the city, was reconstructed in the late nineteenth century by architect Julian Zachariewicz. After the renovation of the exterior and the interior of the church was completed, a statue of Virgin Mary was installed on a pedestal to the right of the church's main entrance. The statue was taken from the Missionaries Church in the suburb of Zamarstynów/Zamarstyniv. The prevailing opinion among art historians is that the statue was authored by Johann Georg Pinsel (1768). The statue “quietly” perished in the 1970s.
Media Archive Materials