Alla

st1:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } The narrator used to live in building No. 17 on I. Nechuia-Levytskogo Street; she currently lives in building No. 16 of the same street. In the interview, she talked about buildings No. 17, 16 and 15 on I. Nechuia-Levytskogo Street. She recalled a painting on the stairwell ceiling of building No. 17, possible common owners of buildings No. 17 and 16, the move of her parents to building No. 17, and the furniture they brought with them to Lviv from Drogobych. She spoke about the reconstruction of General Chuprynky Street and the destruction of flowerbeds near the buildings. The language of the respondent/respondents is reproduced without changes in a selective transcript of the interview.

The language of the respondent/respondents is reproduced without changes in a selective transcript of the interview.
  • Будинок № 17 на вул. І. Нечуя-Левицького

Переїзд

(Батько)…його направили в Дрогобич, він був військовим комендантом… він знайшов тут (у Львові) квартиру… Вони помінялися з якимось військовим: його направили в Дрогобич… То перша була квартира моїх батьків… Всі меблі, що були, то мої батьки…, там теж вілла така була в Дрогобичі, там був… казіно, офіцерське казіно і батько мій там меблі, що були він викупив… Мама згадувала, що вона дуже добре заставила його ті всі квитанції зберегти тому, що через якийсь час… писали всякі доноси…

Опис будинку

…І між іншим отой 17 і 19 будинки, фасади там дуже подібні… Мені здається, що і 19, може один архітектор робив… Навіть на фасаді маки стилізовані, але воно збереглось… Її (плитку на площадках) можна вибити, побити, а вона не зношується… А 17, там ше плафон зберігся, там стилізовані маки… там стилізовані частина, орнамент плоскісний, а частина об'ємний і то настільки цікаво. Вони правда вже понищено, там навіть, коли ту браму фарбували, вони щось піддули, бо там голубе тло і там з метеликами, то настільки…

звук 01.04.13–01.04.34

  • Будинки № 16 і 17 на вул. І. Нечуя-Левицького

Старі мешканці

…Отой будинок 16 і 17, то був один господар, але той будинок він робив для себе, він там жив, в тому будинку 17, а то було для таких тому, що туалети були по балкону, то вже кінець 60-х (1960-х) років була реконструкція… і тому воно доштоковано…

звук 32.37–33.03

  • Будинок № 15 на вул. І. Нечуя-Левицького

А от під 15 (будинок № 15 на вул. І. Нечуя-Левицького) там дуже гарна… цикламен

  • Інше

…Коли десь в 70-х (1970-х) роках реконструювали (вулицю) Пушкіна…, особливо тут біля третьої школи, вони ж познімали, там дуже гарні палісадники були… Вони понищені були… Вони зняли полісаднікі з залишили газони в деяких місцях і вони розширили вулицю, а то не характерне для Львова… (Руйнування, зміни Кастелівки)… Ні, не було…

звук 17.41–18.11

  • Вибірковий транскрипт інтерв'ю, записаного 25.09.2009
  • Автор: Галина Боднар

Related buildings and spaces

  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 15 – residential building

    The apartment building was constructed in 1906–1907 according to a design by architect Alfred Zacharewicz (design bureau of the construction company of Józef Sosnowski and Alfred Zacharewicz). It was built in the Secession style for engineer Jan Lopushansky. For some time, Lopushansky's friend Maximilian Huber, a well-known mechanical engineer and rector of Lviv Polytechnic, lived in the building. In later years, the building was significantly rebuilt.

    Read more
  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 16 – residential building

    A multi-unit apartment building constructed in the second half of the 1890s. Three stories tall with a semi-basement floor , it occupies a corner plot at the intersection of vul. Kotliarevskoho. The V-shaped building volume is integrated into the perimeter block development. It features a chamfered corner with a diagonally positioned balcony. The façade is rusticated at the ground-floor level. Neobaroque motifs are featured throughout the decor. The entrance is located on vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho. The staircase is arranged near the inner corner between the wings of the building.

    The townhouse was built on sloping terrain. The difference in street levels enlivens the traditional architectural composition typical of a medium-sized chinshivka (tenement building) from the late nineteenth century. In later years, the building underwent extensive alterations.

    Read more
  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 17–19 – residential building

    These two adjacent mirror-like houses were built by Jakub Rysiak in 1906−1907. Both feature the Secession style expressed in the distinctive stucco decoration and in the paintings with poppy motifs. The buildings are included in the Register of architectural monuments of local significance.

    Read more
  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 15 – residential building

    Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 15 – residential building
  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 16 – residential building

    Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 16 – residential building
  • Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 17–19 – residential building

    Vul. Nechuia-Levytskoho, 17–19 – residential building