Vul. Kopernyka – monument to Markian Shashkevych ID: 131

The creators of the monument to Markian Shashkewych were famous Lvivan sculptors Dmytro Krvavych and Mykola Posikira. The grand opening of the monument took place on September 15, 1990 on Copernicus Street, at the site of the ruined seminary Church of the Holy Spirit.

Related buildings and spaces

  • Vul. Kopernyka, 40 – "Rusalka Dnistrova" museum (the bell tower of the former Church of the Holy Ghost)
    The bell tower of the former Church of the Holy Ghost was constructed in 1722–1729. The tower served as the bell tower for the former Greek Catholic Seminary Church of the Holy Ghost. The church was destroyed during World War II, and only its bell tower has survived. In 1987, an extension for museum premises was constructed on the western side. Today (as of 2010), the "Rusalka Dnistrova" Museum, a department of the Lviv National Art Gallery, is located in the bell tower.
    Read more
  • Vul. Kopernyka, 40 – "Rusalka Dnistrova" museum (the bell tower of the former Church of the Holy Ghost)

    Vul. Kopernyka, 40 – "Rusalka Dnistrova" museum (the bell tower of the former Church of the Holy Ghost)

Citation

"Vul. Kopernyka – monument to Markian Shashkevych". Lviv Interactive (Center for Urban History, 2017). URL: https://lia.lvivcenter.org/en/objects/monument-shashkevych/