Pl. Mitskevycha, 4 – former hotel "European" ID: 1070

The first hotel on this site was established in 1804. Commissioned by Karol Mathe, it was remodeled in 1826 into a single-story inn. In the 1830s, the hotel was documented as a four-story building, which was reconstructed in the Neorenaissance style in the 1870s with the addition of two towers on the attic level. The hotel was owned by the Alzner family.

Citation

Khrystyna Kharchuk. "Pl. Mitskevycha, 4 – former hotel "European"". Lviv Interactive (Center for Urban History, 2012). URL: https://lia.lvivcenter.org/en/objects/mitskevycha-4-former/

Author(s): Khrystyna Kharchuk

Language editor: Uliana Holovata