The "New" Market, also known as Krakivskyi (Cracow) Market, was created on this site in 1947. The old Cracow Market was located closer to the medieval city center. The tomb stones from the Old Jewish Cemetery were used as pavement and material for wall construction for the New Market.
Past, Present and memory: rediscovering Jewish Lviv
Virtual walk by the participants of summer school (2016)