Vul. Fedorova, 27 – former residential building
The townhouse number 22 called Faygelesivska, later Korkesivska (pol. Feigelesowska, Korkesowska) was built in the 17th century. It was a Renaissance building with a spatial structure typical of that time. The building was destroyed during the Second World War, together with the neighboring townhouses. Today there is a vacant site in this place, where construction of a hotel is planned.
17th century – a townhouse was built.
2nd half of the 18th century – the front building adjacent to the neighboring townhouse was constructed.
1856 – the fire wall was repaired.
1870s – the fourth floor was added and a tin roof was arranged.
1928-1936 – repair works were carried out.
1936 – the townhouse's second floor premises were reconstructed, with a small kitchen and a bathroom arranged (builder Adolf Wittmann).
1944 – the townhouse is destroyed.
The townhouse number 22 was built in the 17th century. In the second half of the 18th century it was owned by the family of Mark Abrahamovych, called Feigeles after his mother's name. In the 1767 tax registry, the townhouse belonged to Mark Feigeles. This townhouse was not directly adjacent to the neighbouring Korkesivska townhouse under number 20 as there was a yard between them. Over time, this parcel was also purchased by the Korkeses, who built a front house there. The Korkeses owned the townhouse till the Shoah. In 1856 Wincent Rawski, a master builder, informed the Magistrate that the fire wall had been damaged, which was to be remedied. Evidently, in the 1870s another floor was added to the three-storied townhouse and a tin roof was arranged.
From a 1928 correspondence between the townhouse owners and the Magistrate we know about a poor condition of the building at that time. The Magistrate obliged the owners to carry out conservation works. Due to lack of funds the repairs took longer than expected and were not done in full; in particular, the courtyard remained neglected. In 1936 Adolf Wittmann, a builder, designed a project of adapting the second floor premises, with a small kitchen and a bathroom arranged there. The townhouse was then owned by Josef Korkes, Markus Sunik, and Oskar Sunik.
The townhouse was destroyed during the Second World War. Today there is a vacant site in this place, where construction of a hotel complex is planned. The archaeological research conducted on the vacant parts of Fedorova street did not affect it.
The four-storied townhouse number 22 was built of brick and stone in the Renaissance style. It had a spatial structure typical of that time. A three-flight staircase was located in the second tract. The architectural design of the façade was modest. The main façade had four window axes with rectangular lintels in profiled trimmings. The ground floor tier was vaulted, with open stonework of white stone blocks on the façade, emphasized by a profiled cornice. In the place, where the building was adjacent to the neighbouring Korkesivska townhouse, its façade wall strengthened by the powerful white stone buttress (in the part added by Korkes). The old three-storied part was separated from the fourth floor by a developed cornice. The two-storied wing in the south and a four-storied one in the north (vul. Ruska, 10) formed a 3.5 m wide courtyard. The townhouse had an entrance gate and entrances to the cellars.
Wincenty Rawski – a constructor (builder)
Józef Korkes – an owner of the building
Marko Feigeles – an owner of the building
Markus Sunik – an owner of the building
Oskar Sunik – an owner of the building
2. M. Bałaban, "Dzielnica żydowska: jej dzieje i zabytki", Biblioteka Lwowska, 1990, T. III, 71.
3. Р. Могитич, "Ліктьовий податок", Вісник ін-ту Укрзахідпроектреставрація, 2009, Ч. 19.