Pl. Muzeina, 3 – the former Dominican convent bell tower

ID: 189
The bell tower is a component of the architectural ensemble of the Dominican Monastery (dating to the fifteenth-nineteenth centuries), the base of which is formed by the late Baroque church and the cell block. The bell tower was erected in 1865 (by the architect J. Braunzeiss) and built onto the church from the north.

Architecture

The building is two-tiered, built from brick, plastered and crowned with a cupola. The walls are segmented with pilasters and a decorative balustrade between the tiers, with two flanking vases. A small balcony is set up over the entrance.

In the architecture of Lviv, the Dominican Church’s bell tower is an early example of Revival style (Neo-Baroque) of the second half of the nineteenth century.

Related Places

Description

Pl. Muzeina, 3 – church of the Blessed Eucharist (former Dominican convent church)

Show full description
Description

Pl. Muzeina, 1 – former Dominican Monastery

Show full description

Sources

The entry was developed within the project "Galiciana", 2001-2002

By Ihor Zhuk

Media Archive Materials

Related Pictures