Former St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church (currently houses the Museum of Historic Artifacts of Lviv, a branch of the Lviv Art Gallery) is an architectural monument that was built in the earliest period of Lviv's history. The church was built at the foot of Castle Mountain, on its western slope. The main dates of construction and later reconstruction are the end of the thirteenth century, the middle of the fourteenth century, the seventeenth-eighteenth centuries, 1836 (restoration), 1887 (reconstruction by the architect Julian Zachariewicz), and 1989 (restoration with partial reconstruction).