Prosp. Svobody – former monument to Stalin Constitution (does not exist)
The monument to the Stalin Constitution was constructed in 1940 on the “island” at the intersection of today's Svobody Boulevard, Hnatiuka Street, and Sviatoho Dukha Square. The monument was made of plywood and covered in concrete. The friendship of the peoples was symbolized by figures that stood in the lower part of the composition, which consisted of five columns. These were cement figures of a Red Army soldier, a worker, a mother with child, a female student, an a villager with a boy. The monument also bore inscriptions in Ukrainian, Polish and Hebrew.
Media Archive Materials